GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain. With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
GFT is seeking data Modeller to help grow its UK data practice. You will support our clients with key business decisions by understanding their business and data in detail and by design and implement models on data sets that drive business insights. You will help business and tech partners within the firm to understand, standardise and how to govern data by creating conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Analysing complex and large data sets to help business and tech partners understand their data
- Engaging business users to elicit their data requirements
- Create conceptual and logical data models to help simplify enterprise data set up
- Create Physical Data models to define Data in motion and Data at rest set up.
- Help define the data governance and standardisation strategy
- Help define Data lineage in enterprise
- Work with system and data architects on enterprise data architecture.
- Deep and broad experience of key Data modelling concepts – Conceptual, Logical, Physical models
- Experience with common data modelling techniques – UML, Relational models
- Experience with Data modelling tools – Enterprise Architect, Power Designer
- Experience with Data governance tools such as Collibra.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to describe and promote innovative solutions to our clients
- Data-oriented personality, an ability to exploit existing raw, secondary and third party data sets
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Experience with different file formats – XML, JSON
- Good understanding of financial markets and products.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding role of technologies such as big data, cloud in data management.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange