Data Privacy Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 19 Apr 19
Data Privacy Consultant
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Establishing trust and confidence when doing business and carrying out personal transactions is of vital importance in an increasingly interconnected world. Organizations have a duty of responsibility to ensure customer, partner, and third-party information is adequately protected, particularly as technology transforms the way we interact.
Data Privacy legislation is rapidly being adopted all around the world. PA Consulting is a thought leader in advising clients on not only how to comply with this new legislation but also how to embrace them for competitive advantage. We work with international clients in the UK, US and Europe across a wide range of business sectors.
Our Data Privacy Consulting Services help organizations assess and achieve compliance, create new business strategies to take advantage of the new legislation, monitor trends and technology, adopt new technology to make compliance more effective and implement the people and process governance to make data privacy part of business as usual.
As part of our team, you will be involved in a variety of projects, such as:
• Assessing data privacy compliance against the relevant legislative frameworks
• Designing and implementing data protection and privacy programs to achieve compliance
• Creating, testing and implementing new business strategies to take advantage of the legislation
• Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments
• Third party assessments
• Data governance and discovery tool implementation
• Information flow mapping to a common standard / using tools
• Deploying processes and tools to help detect and prevent privacy breaches
• Creating effective data privacy governance within our clients, creating a harmonized approach towards data protection and privacy by bringing together stakeholders (e.g. legal, compliance, risk, HR, security, business functions etc.)
• Assisting clients in privacy related incident response activities
• Supporting the client's team by acting as an interim team member (e.g. data protection officer, security officer, security manager, security analyst etc.)
Your involvement will vary from assisting in delivering data privacy projects to acting as a subject matter expert on them or to leading a team, typically involving both PA and client staff. Furthermore, you may be involved in development of the team or in proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for further business and team growth.
You must be an established consulting professional with experience in delivering projects focused on data protection and privacy laws. Ideally, you should have experience consulting with Life Sciences sector clients.
You should also have the following skills/experiences:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IT, Law or relevant field that demonstrates your interest in the data protection and privacy domain
• Proven experience with relevant data protection and privacy laws and regulations (e.g. CCPA, EU GDPR, Privacy Shield) and industry standards and frameworks, such as GAPP and BCR
• Possession of relevant qualifications such as CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/E, CISM, CISSP, and/or HCISSP, as well as involvement in industry related organizations (e.g. IAPP, ISACA, (ISC)²) are desirable. Where you do not have the qualifications, we will support you in achieving them
• The ability to efficiently understand client organizations and their business model and to tailor relevant processes to privacy requirements
• To communicate effectively with different stakeholders (e.g. business, legal, IT, security) about data protection and privacy matters
• An analytical mindset, with a focus on producing quality work in a results-oriented environment.
Joining our Cybersecurity and Privacy team means choosing a dynamic, multicultural and learning environment. In this regard you will be offered a tailored development path matching your career aspirations.
A dynamic work environment, where personal development and growth is based on meritocracy.
An intellectually challenging role within a leading international company.
This role provides the opportunity to travel and work side by side with clients in their own offices.
About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.