Our client is a market leading professional services firm with a truly global presence. Due to the continued success and growth of the company, there is now a need to hire an experienced data protection lawyer to join their legal team managing commercial transactions and advisory services to external clients as well as building and developing new business relationships.
Duties will include:
- Providing comprehensive and timely commercial law advice to clients.
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of agreements including supply of goods and services, data transfer, data processor and data-sharing, agency, distributorship, channel, franchise arrangements and IP licensing.
- Advising clients around complying with and maintaining General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
- Assisting clients, some of whom may be start-up businesses or SMEs, in the development of their data protection models as they enter new markets.
- Helping clients protect their intellectual property as they encounter new challenges around data management.
The successful candidate will
- Be qualified as a solicitor in England and wales.
- Have at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Have trained with a leading UK or International law firm; or a well-regarded in-house legal team.
- Have extensive experience with commercial contracts law and data protection.
- Previous experience working within or advising a PLC, large financial institution or professional services firm.