- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 19 May 19
Data Scientist/ Analyst
Exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist / Data Analytics professional to join a highly reputable financial services firm based in the City. This is a unique opportunity where you will have the opportunity to work with real time data, with the flexibility to choose and influence technologies and methodologies implemented.
Our client is seeking to build a world class team and function, therefore willing to pay above market rate to secure the best talent.
Ideal skill set; either Java or Python, with SQL, statistical packages ideally R or SAS, SPSS or Matlab and strong skills with VBA. Experience of Alteryx and AWS is ideal but not essential. Machine Learning experience is required.
- Ownership of green field projects and reccomending what technologies you think would be needed for the project whether that be KAFKA, AWS, Airflow, Kafka streaming or kubernetes that would be up to you.
- Hiring of a junior to work along side you on projects.
- Analysis/usage of data stored in Data & Analytics' historical database for the purpose of producing new datasets (statistical, time series based) and error checking investigation/ checking/validation.
- Building routines to query historical data and visualise results.
- "Cleansing" of historical data via statistical methodologies (regression/correlation/ interpolation/extrapolation/multiple imputation) to generate corrected data.
- Use of 3rd party utilities such as Alteryx Designer to view/blend/analyse/assess and report on large datasets.
- Programming and/or interaction with SQL database systems, e.g. setting up tables, triggers, views etc.
- Client Focused, personable and engaging
- Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
- Build relationships and networks with both internally and externally wherever possible
- Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas and approaches
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
- Goes that "extra mile"
- Strong and demonstrable Excel skills with an in-depth knowledge of VBA
- Experience in any of the following statistics packages - SPSS, Matlab, R, Stata, SAS BI advantageous
- Familiarity with time series data must be demonstrated
- In-depth understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience of 1 coding language (e.g. Java or Python)
- Familiarity with Cloud based components relating to large datasets
- Familiarity of the Alteryx platform (particularly Designer) would be favourable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.