Data Scientist - Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Mar 19
Data Scientist - Analyst
31 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£28,674 - £31,860
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Would you like to be an integral part of a collaborative team who is the heart of innovation within Lloyds Banking Group (LBG)? Would you enjoy showcasing our team work to highly engaged audiences? Do you love the idea of working with face recognition, NLP and predictive modelling every day?
Risk Innovation is driving the state-of-the-art for technology in Risk Division and we're looking for data scientists to continue reinventing technology in LBG.
In your role as a data scientist analyst you will:
- Be open-minded and curious with a desire to learn and do;
- Embrace being part of a team and innovation community;
- Exploring data using a range of analysis tools using proven industry standard methodologies;
- Creating engaging ways of communicating your results via R, Python, Tableau;
- Building relationships with stakeholders across our business;
- Sharing your discoveries and knowledge with the wider business;
- Collaborating with Data Scientists across our group;
- Be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues and to senior-management.
What we need from you:
- A passion and motivation for Data Science and creating high quality and resilient software;
- A curious and innovative approach to data and problem solving;
- Exposure to Data Science and Analytics techniques;
- Show capability in the use of automation software and/or statistical packages (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, C (inc. ++/#), SAS, Java, Spark, VBA etc.) for developing models and applications, including on large datasets, using efficient, reliable and intuitive code;
- Understand the concepts of data extraction, cleansing and manipulation both in database (SQL) and using in memory/dynamic visual approaches (e.g. Tableau, SAS VA, d3.js, R Shiny, Bokeh);
- A firm understanding of Statistical and Machine Learning models as well as more advanced models such as Deep Learning;
- Familiarity with cloud computing and running data science projects in the cloud using AWS, Google Cloud or Azure;
- An advanced degree in a computer science or mathematics discipline.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.