- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
DevOps Engineer - ETPA
This position will provide second level environment support for a variety of trading and clearing technologies. They will also be tasked with application deployment, configuration, troubleshooting and development of CME Group standards across the organization.
The duties for this candidate are as follows:
- Work with team and surrounding departments to bring standards to the organization in deployments, builds and surrounding tools; assist with modifications required to support enterprise-wide system changes.
- Strong powershell scripting automating administration, support, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Develop, maintain and secure a range of AWS Technologies.
- Work with technologies such as Chef, Puppet and Docker.
- Work with various groups to determine root cause and analysis to remediate issues moving forward and display strong troubleshooting on all technologies.
- Support existing customer facing platforms and interfaces with users to determine where improvements or enhancements are needed to better serve their needs.
- Work with development to further enhance the deployment and support process; create and maintain technical document on all tools developed using enterprise standards.
- Provide technical advice to management as new technologies emerge and evolve. Work toward being subject matter experts on all applications supported.
- Work assignments will vary but the primary purpose is to support applications in customer facing environments that support the effective testing of all major trading systems. Moreover, this person needs to be able to work with demanding customers, provide quality/timely application support service, and assistance to production implementation when needed
- Hands-on experience in direct support of Windows and some UNIX applications and infrastructure support for financial services organizations.
- Must have strong Windows administration skills.
- Must have experience application server troubleshooting and deployments/administration.
- Must have the ability to navigate and generate SQL queries using standard tools.
- Working experience with TIBCO FTL, GIT, UC4, Chef and Jenkins.
- Flexibility in working hours may be required to meet project deadlines. This may include later or earlier starting/ending times. On occasion and as requested for special projects, weekend work would occasionally be needed on rotational basis.