Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
Based in London and working in the DevOps team, you'll be helping us build our CI/CD platform (and all tertiary services) used by the global Engineering departments.
The work is varied; from helping development teams deliver features reliably, to designing and implementing new DevOps tools and techniques, our team is proactive and always involved.
We are a fast moving team operating in a growing Fintech company, supporting engineers on three continents. We are growing 50% year on year and this is continuing at pace.
We use a modern DevOps tech stack -Jenkins, K8s, Spinnaker, GitHub, Python, Terraform- and GitOps and Agile working practices to get the job done. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Use code to solve problems. Configuration, infrastructure, tooling, and automation, everything must be solved by writing code.
- Helping design processes. You'll be working closely with feature teams to assist with the release of new products, as such there is plenty of scope to design processes that fit in with the overall direction but allow teams to deliver code to production reliably and at pace.
- Helping design architecture. As well as owning the delivery of applications you will also play a part in designing the architecture, how it interacts with dependencies from a logical and infrastructure viewpoint.
- Growing together. You'll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
- A skilled Engineer. At least 2 years in either a DevOps or Developer role with a keen interest in solving problems using code.
- Understand CI/CD and DevOps methodologies. You understand the build and deployment cycle of an application and how it fits in to a global platform.
- Containerisation . You have a good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes and how you can leverage these tools to ensure there is zero downtime.
- Holistic view on application delivery. You understand the use of many systems, APM, monitoring, logging, alerting, scaling to build a robust platform for applications to respond to the varying demands from both external sources (traffic) and internal sources (feature team delivery) in a safe and controlled manner.
- Happy in the Clouds .Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You'll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Bias for action .You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We're always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset . A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook . You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.