Developer - Marcus - CCBD
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 24 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD) Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Digital Finance Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Provide digitally-advanced financial products to retail consumers
- Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of experience writing Java APIs
- Strong proficiency in: Distributed systems, Low-latency services, NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Comfort with agile operating models
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.