Saturday 21 September 2019 Salary Range
£53,055 - £58,950
\n We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Would you like your work to positively impact millions of people while building your career within one of the UK's leading Banks? If yes, come and help us to build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to provide better products and services for our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. We've a new and fascinating opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation, as a result there's never been a better time to join us.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we'll offer you excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You'll receive plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you'll help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities. What you'll be doing:
▪ Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
▪ Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
▪ Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
▪ Understand and ensure industry best practices are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
▪ Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
▪ Typically operates in more stable environments. What we're looking for:
▪ Strong DevOps Knowledge
▪ A working knowledge of a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
▪ A good level of technical maturity and is aware of emerging technology.
▪ Comfortable sharing knowledge with others but not yet at point of formal teaching.
We've fostered an inclusive and collaborative learning environment, that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing while providing the flexibility, autonomy and freedom to help build market leading products that exceed our competitor's offerings, from the established banks to the market disrupters.
If that appeals to you we welcome your application. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.