Disputes - Senior Manager - London
Our clients are looking to us to help them resolve complex commercial disputes and, ultimately, to help safeguard the value of their businesses. Supporting our clients in their disputes is about providing robust independent views that bring together deep forensic accounting knowledge, sector insight and experience of dispute resolution forums. Our clients look to us to make it happen, and as a Disputes Senior Manager, you'll be right at the heart of that goal. It's a role with far-reaching implications, so you'll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative technology tools available. The opportunity
Our Forensic Investigations and Disputes Services (FIDS) team is growing, and as a Disputes Senior Manager you'll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you'll develop quality solutions for some of the most challenging dispute cases around. We work with a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, and you can expect to take on a wide range of work including commercial disputes, transaction disputes, completion/earn out accounts, expert determinations and professional negligence claims - making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge . Your key responsibilities
It's no exaggeration to say you'll never be doing the same task for too long. You're likely to balance your time between directly liaising with our clients to understand their needs and actively analysing complex data. It's all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients' needs from the front lines. That means thinking differently, developing effective teams and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo. Skills and attributes for success You will have knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- P rinciples of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (eg trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Competition disputes, intellectual property and brand integrity disputes, insurance claims, audit malpractice defence and product recall disputes
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Leading multidisciplinary teams and providing coaching to and developing team members
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA)
- Dispute Management experience including fraud and compliance
- Forensic Accounting certification e.g. CFE
- Strong skills in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Multiple roles available
Start date: 14/01/2019
End date: 13/02/2019 What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about Disputes and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Who we are About EY
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.