Disputes Senior Manager
A career in our Disputes practice, within Forensic Accounting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients understand where they might have vulnerabilities and develop solutions to manage the risks involved. We prevent, respond to and remediate a wide range of business threats, risks and complex issues.
Our team helps protect organisations by pre empting and avoiding disputes, as well as dealing with them effectively if they do happen. You'll assist with local and international dispute strategy, arbitrations, and mediations.
PwC's Forensic Services team consists of around 300 people in the UK, based in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester. Our services are wide ranging and include dispute resolution, fraud and other financial investigations, non-financial investigations, financial crime prevention and contract reviews. Our team includes compliance specialists, accountants, former regulators, lawyers and IT specialists and we are part of a global network of over 1700 Forensic Services professionals within the global PwC network.
Our Insurance Claims Team offers a full range of insurance focused forensic accounting and dispute resolution services. We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to help us further grow our team and build our team capability, primarily through the development of business relationships and identification of opportunities, whilst also assisting in the management and delivery of client projects. Ideally applicants will have a Loss Assessing / Loss Adjusting background, and have experience of insurance loss measurement and claims preparation services. Responsibilities
The successful applicant will have significant business development responsibilities that will require them to build effective business relationships, both within the Firm and with clients within the industry, therefore strong business development and networking skills are essential.
The successful candidate will;
- Have an existing network of contacts externally with intermediaries and clients to support further development of the Insurance Claims business;
- Help develop and deliver a strategy for building new long term relationships both internally and externally;
- Contribute to the growth of the Insurance Claims Team;
- Contribute to the development of their own and the team's technical acumen;
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges;
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects; and
- Train, coach, and supervise staff.
Suitable applicants will have all or most of the following attributes
- Experience of working in the insurance industry, specifically in claims preparation or review;
- Evidence of good business development skills;
- Evidence of forensic skills developed through at least 3-5 years of disputes or financial investigative work - logical, analytical, articulate, confident and professional;
- Team player skills, i.e. comfortable working with client staff and colleagues of all grades and backgrounds;
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships at a more senior level
- An accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIPFA).
The candidate should also be
- Accurate under pressure and flexible in approach;
- Willing to travel regularly to client sites, including those abroad;
- Able to speak with clarity and conviction in business presentations while empathising with clients in time of crisis;
- Able to prepare concise and engaging written work, delivering messages with impact; and
- A self-starter - and have the ability to think on ones feet and deal calmly with unexpected challenges.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity