EMEA Transfer Pricing (TP) Manager
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- CBRE Ltd
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Position will be responsible for managing and coordinating and preparing, as needed, the EMEA Transfer Pricing Documentation, Implementation, Audit and Planning. Position will be based in London, UK and will have primary responsibility for managing and coordinating all aspects of the transfer pricing initiatives and strategic plan for CBRE’s legal entities in EMEA working in complete alignment and direction provided by the Global Transfer Pricing team in the US.
Job Title: EMEA Transfer Pricing (TP) Manager
Reports To: Director, EMEA Tax
Role Purpose: Position will be responsible for managing and coordinating and preparing, as needed, the EMEA Transfer Pricing Documentation, Implementation, Audit and Planning. Position will be based in London, UK and will have primary responsibility for managing and coordinating all aspects of the transfer pricing initiatives and strategic plan for CBRE’s legal entities in EMEA working in complete alignment and direction provided by the Global Transfer Pricing team in the US.
EMEA TP Documentation
- Adapting the OECD analyses/reports provided by the CBRE Global TP team to meet the local country’s documentation requirements, including:
- Working with the local Tax/Finance to fill in the functional and financial templates provided by the CBRE Global TP team to follow the local country’s requirements;
- Identifying the instances where additional local analyses are required and working with the Global TP lead and local Finance and Tax personnel to address these requirements.
- Overseeing the region’s TP methodologies and ensuring that they are supported by legal agreements and are implemented properly.
- Building network of the EMEA CBRE TP stakeholders, including Finance, Treasury, Legal, Operations and Management. Collaborating effectively across TP stakeholders and communicating the transfer pricing policy and handling inquiries from these teams.
- Coordination with Legal whether the TP agreements meet the country’s specific requirements. Identifying the countries with additional legal requirements and working with Legal and the Global TP team to address these requirements.
- Working with the Global TP team and the Treasury organisation to monitor Transfer Pricing in relation to the Global Cash Pool.
- Understanding where TP is implemented for management purposes, and the impact of Management TP on the legal entities.
- Ensuring that the intra-region TP methodologies are consistent and aligned with the Global TP methodologies.
- Keeping up-to-date documentation to support the intra-region TP calculations.
EMEA TP audit and compliance
- Oversight of all TP audits [performed by the auditors, tax authorities, etc.] in EMEA and coordination with the Global TP team and the Local Tax and Finance in relation to the information requests. Review and approval of the CBRE responses to the information requests.
- Responsible to review and approve the regional information used for worldwide TP reporting, including the Country by Country documentation, US Form 5471, Local Documentation etc.
- Evaluation of the EMEA TP tax contingencies.
- Key participant in the TP planning work relevant to the region.
- Keeping abreast of developments in EMEA on tax/transfer pricing regulations, participating in the relevant forums and conferences, identifying issues and/or opportunities relevant to the local developments. Communicating the issues/proposed solutions to the Global TP team.
- Reviewing the applicability of the current TP approaches to each EMEA country, including that the expenses are Transfer Priced to the locations that earn the relevant revenues.
- Identifying the instances where current TP approaches are not implemented correctly or do not meet local country requirements, evaluating the consequences, and working with the Global TP team to develop the solution.
Breakdown of Functional Tax Areas
- EMEA TP Documentation: 30%
- TP Implementation 30%
- EMEA TP Audit and Compliance: 20%
- TP Planning: 20%
- Minimum 6 years of finance/tax experience working with a large multinational company, Big 4 or a similar firm tax.
- Exposure to Transfer pricing for a minimum of 4 years.
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting and an ability to analyse and understand financial statements.
- In-house experience with FIN 48 and corporate tax reporting.
- Experience with economic and financial modelling techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to explain TP concepts to non-tax professionals.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.