End Date Salary Range
£70,950 - £94,600 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours Job Description Summary
The Software Engineering CoE (Centre of Excellence) at Lloyds Banking Group is looking for an experienced and passionate Engineering Lead (DevOps) with strong hands-on experience in building large scale Web Application in a modern DevOps environment.
This is your chance to transform the way financial services are built and delivered to customers by creating best in class technology in the UK's leading organisation.
About the team
The Software Engineering CoE is a team built with the mission to be a catalyst for change
and drive innovation mindset in Lloyds Banking Group.
We're a group of people pulled together by our passion for coding, experimenting, designing and learning everything that makes us better engineers and we're relentless in putting our skills and passion at the service of our customers.
Lloyds Banking Group vision is to be the best bank for customer and to realize it we have the mission to make it the best bank for Engineers!
Generally, you are comfortable in an hands-on technical leadership role, blending both solid leadership experience and technical expertise.
More specifically we'd like you to have experience with much of the following:
- Showcase excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills with ability to communicate and engage with non-technical and senior stakeholders
- Good understanding of the software development lyfecycle of large scale applications
- Experience with Kubernetes in production environment.
- Experience with most common build tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Ant, npm)
- Experience of working with cloud providers (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS), ideally GCP.
- A track record of building first class CI/CD pipelines, enabling self-service build tools and single-click deployments.
- Expert level proficiency in Shell scripting and in one or more open source scripting languages, such as Python, GO, etc...
- Hands-on skills and project experience with automated configuration delivery tools - one or more of Help, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Awareness of security considerations and security tools used to integrate with the build pipeline covering OWASP top 10
- Passionate about driving a true modern DevOps culture
- Passionate about mentoring
- Relentless dedication to discover and apply software engineering best practices
It would be great if you also had
- Good understanding of SRE
- Experience as public speaker
- Experience of working in a Scrum/Agile/Lean environment
- Experience working with Jenkins, Travis and/or Circle CI
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools such as UrbanCode deploy
- Working knowledge of Tomcat and Websphere application servers and Java containers
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of DevSecOps
What would you get involved with?
As our mission is to be a catalyst for change, our team is mainly focused in accelerating adoption of modern engineering practices: DevOps, CI/CD, Cloud First, Agile, etc...
As an engineering centric team, we have fair degree of autonomy about what we work on and we strive to dedicate our effort on the most impactful work.
We generally engage in two broad categories of work:
- Vertical: We work alongside other teams to provide support and guidance on how to accelerate their transformation
- Horizontal: We leverage the experience matured in the Vertical work to create or share existing cross cutting tools and practices that can be used by any team in the organization
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first -
and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition:
- 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer'
- 'Top10 Employer for Working Families'
- 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum - each demonstrating our commitment to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
You'll also get
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
- An on target performance bonus of c.20%
- A generous pension contribution
- up to 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Sound like your ideal next workplace? We'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.