Role: To assist the Private Equity Finance Manager with various aspects of the accounting and finance function in relation to our private equity funds (Limited Partnerships) whilst ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation of management accounts and other reconciliations required for the quarterly reporting process.
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and source and provide supporting documentation evidencing transactions.
- Tracking receipts of interest income and issuing a statement to portfolio companies on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the quarterly portfolio valuation process. Liaising with the PE deal team to prepare a summary of portfolio investment valuations.
- Accurate calculations of General Partner Share / management fees in accordance with the Limited Partnership Agreements (“LPAs”).
- Timely preparation of drawdown and distribution notices as and when required.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the annual audit of the various private equity funds.
- Assisting the private equity deal team with data inputs on the Customer Relationship Management “CRM” system.
- Liaising with various external functions on an ongoing basis including, the fund depository, tax, auditors, and lawyers.
Qualities, skills and Experience required:
- A university graduate with strong academics and an accounting/finance related degree.
- The candidate will have a desire to study towards the ACCA professional accounting qualification
- Team player: ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Computer literacy and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Intermediate Excel skills.