Equity Swaps Developer - Technology - Assistant / Vice President
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company. Team
Located in London and New York, the Equity technology team is responsible for developing and maintaining systems that support various areas of the equity business globally. Working as part of the wider equity technology group, the team liaises closely with the business and delivers & supports software to meet a wide variety of business and regulatory requirements. Role
An opportunity exists for a technically oriented individual to join the small Equity technology team in London. The role will focus on supporting & maintaining our Global Equity Derivatives platform - supporting front and middle office users in multiple time zones and across Swaps, and on and off exchange derivatives.
Different products & features are at different levels of maturity and simultaneously the successful candidate will be progressing development projects in addition to owning support queries to resolution.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in projects spanning the wider Equity technology team Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are:
Qualifications Person Specification
- Sitting amongst the business, providing 1st line support to a growing and developing business
- Owning specific projects or issues from start to finish
- Working with global colleagues and management to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Development / Maintenance of related utilities
- Liaise with third-party vendors to resolve issues and improve quality
- Unit testing, working with QA, and overseeing the production release cycle
- System monitoring and start-of-day/end-of-day checkouts
- Trade support queries
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Technically minded.
- Previous development experience in primarily C#, with C++ experience desirable.
- Using SQL, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Developing and supporting Windows technology applications.
- Knowledge of swaps desirable, preferably with prior experience in this or a related area.
- Excellent communication skills - this is a front office role.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with colleagues around the world.
- A natural problem solver.
- A committed team player.
- Demonstrably bright.