Evidence Lab - Lead UI Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
Job Reference # 192656BR
Evidence Lab is a ground-breaking approach to Investment Research – using Big, or 'Alt', Data to provide truly unique evidence-based investment advice. Presenting this data to clients is a significant technical challenge on a number of levels – that will be your focus. More information can be shared at interview.
You'll be working in the Evidence Lab Technology team in London. You will be part of the newly formed and evolving 'Portal' team, responsible for all client-facing software development. A small but growing team of engineers with a varied background and skillset. We are working exclusively on greenfield development on the UBS Neo platform. We are a reflective agile team who share responsibility, collaborate intensely and encourage the growth and development of team members. We take pride in our work and accept complete ownership of our deliverables.
– vast experience of large-scale enterprise web development, ideally on an externally available client-facing system
– in-depth experience of at least one major UI framework/library will be essential – ideally React and Redux
– considerable integration experience and best practice architectural patterns for web-based system design; you will have extensive experience of consuming microservices and REST API's
– ideally some experience of D3, another visualisation framework or at least Data Visualisation generally
– strong analytical & problem-solving skills (you know how to figure stuff out and get things done!)
– imaginative & creative with emerging tech and an ambassador for professional software development
– measured & considered in tech choices - i.e. appreciate the need for longevity in product development
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team and as part of a large organisation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.