JPMorgan’s Digital Platform team builds forward-looking, foundational technologies and core capabilities for future technology platforms. The foundational services technology team are responsible for building core platform solutions like Streaming systems, Business Intelligence and Monitoring systems and other core digital products to support developers creating novel consumer experiences and workplace/productivity products.
As Head of Foundational Services for the Digital Platform, you will lead an 80-strong team of dedicated engineers. You’ll drive product vision, work closely with our cross-functional teams to define product requirements, build highly technical solutions, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, business users, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance metrics. We’re looking for an exceptional team lead who has a strong interest in digital technologies, can think big and execute on that vision, and thrives on new challenges.
· Lead the ideation, strategy, technical development, and launch of innovative tools, platform and products underpinning the Digital Platform
· Drive product development with multiple teams of world-class engineers, designers, and product specialists
· Be hands-on with certifying integrity and quality of code and design
· Provide clearly defined SLA/SLO/SLIs for the services you lead
· Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
· Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
· Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
· Passionate about building an innovative culture and developing talent
· Need to be proficient in a variety of technical areas to effectively lead cross-functional teams
· 7+ years in technical management experience
· Experience managing delivery of at least 2 hardware/software product
· Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
· Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience
· “T” type skills – Deep in one area of the technology stack and wide in others
· Well versed with Kubernetes and Kafka type systems
· A degree in software engineering or a related field i.e. Symbolic Systems, Applied Math etc.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.