- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18076534
EMEA FP and A provide:
- Analysis and review of financial performance, especially drivers, trends, and the competitive environment, to enhance understanding thereof on the part of management, the Board, regulators and shareholders
- Insightful analysis as the foundation for strategic decision-making, resource allocation and performance management
- Tools, analytical capability and data to support thoughtful planning and target setting, as well as to drive business initiatives
- The means by which the businesses both implement and measure the impact of those decisions and targets, and identify and implement course corrections
J ob Background/context:
- EMEA FPandA covers all aspects of the Citi Franchise including: Products, Geographies, Clients, Functions and OandT. It is part of the EMEA Finance team
- EMEA CCB is a profitable business making ~$300MM of revenues and ~$100MM of EBT, with key investments expected to drive double digit growth in the coming years.
- CCB has a formal presence in 11 countries in EMEA (Bahrain, Czech, Hungary, Jordan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Turkey, UAE, UK), with remote bankers also physically present in Germany, Ireland and Sweden - with ~500 total direct staff covering ~6,000 clients.
- CCB is a coverage business offering the full suite of ICG products to its clients.
- In addition to the direct business, the role requires a high level of interaction with partners across TTS, Markets, Risk, Operations and other functions - and hence a good understanding of all the products ICG has to offer.
- The financial structure of the business in EMEA is as follows:
o Commercial ICG reflects the asset business (exposures + revenues + CoC) along with housing all direct expenses and headcount and incoming charge-ins/outs from various support functions.
o In addition CCB takes a client view cut of financials of the business CCB's clients generate for TTS, Markets and CMO/MandA.
- The role requires close partnership with CCB regional head and management team.
- The role will work in close partnership with EMEA ICG FPandA team and Mumbai CSC to meet FPandA deliverables, as well as the Global/other regions CCB Finance partners.
- This role is based in London
Based upon the Job Purpose described above, the key responsibilities are:
- Performance Measurement: Analyse and explanation of key movements and trends in Business PandL, Balance Sheet, efficiency and return metrics; including linkage with business drivers and client trends
- Reporting: comprehensive management information for business, leveraging Performance Management Toolkit and driving enhancements as required.
- Assessment of Market and Competitive Environment: including competitive benchmarking, macroeconomic/environment assessment, market share analysis/wallet sizing, and understanding trends in client revenue, volume and deal pipeline
- Driving Business-specific aspects of the Integrated Capital Planning process, including coordinating business engagement for CCAR.
- Productivity: Work with Business and across Finance to understand and improve efficiency and returns, particularly Operating Efficiency, RoA, and RoTCE. Drive execution of initiatives in partnership with Business.
- Drive strategic exercises, working closely with CCB business and EMEA ICG FPandA team, including ad-hoc analysis.
- Supporting Senior Management: Co-ordination and preparation of presentation material and talking points for any internal or external meetings
- Supporting Senior Management: Being a trusted advisor
- Internal Client Meetings: Participation in both ad-hoc and regular meetings requiring presentation of financial information to CCB business.
- Engagement: Proactively engage and interface across Business, Finance and other relevant functional areas to leverage information and processes to meet requirements whilst avoiding unnecessary duplication
- Develop a detailed understanding of CCB business from both a financial and business perspective
- Developing or furthering the skills used to provide the organisation with the ability to; allocate resources, execute plans, analyse and anticipate performance in the context of the market, competitive and regulatory environment
- Develop local and remote people management skills, negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Significant interaction with other areas of FPandA, Finance (i.e. Controllers, Treasury and Tax) and the Business will enhance network and personal effectiveness
- Significant scope for improving FPandA process and practice (as part of Global FPandA transformation efforts)
- Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
- Interaction with senior business leadership
- Excellent working knowledge of the ICG businesses and Citi's Client Analytic framework
- Prior experience of working within FP and A or similar function
- Working in a Finance role with multiple stakeholders and in an organization with a matrix management structure
- Highly articulate in verbal presentations as well as written communications
- Demonstrated strength in detailed financial analysis
- Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior-level executives
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong financial accounting background with post qualification experience
- Familiarity with Financial Services Industry and/or related business products would be desirable but not essential Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
- Ambitious and hard working
- Willing to learn
- Be a team player
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Ability to manage multiple demands
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.