Our prestigious client which is the subsidary of multinational commercial bank is seeking a Finance Manager for their Asset Finance and Leasing Divison to assume responsibility for the monthly production of the management accounts and for the management and coaching of the Finance team. A reasonable level of management experience is therefore required. The role also involves overseeing cash and banking responsibilities as well as general balance sheet reconciliation activities.
Excellent salary, bonus and benefits. Location: UK, Gtr London / Surrey (Hybrid).
- Manage the month end P&L close process.
- Perform a line-by-line income analysis of leasing portfolio.
- Perform analysis of ancillary P&L lines including, amongst others, the verification of termination profit figures and correct sharing of secondary rental income with introducers.
- Ensure overheads are correctly accrued in line with expectations and journals made to the right P&L line and cost centre.
- Production of the monthly accounts spreadsheet and posting of all journals within the month end deadline.
- Oversee preparation of the month end reconciliation file and ensure all reconciliations / monthly tasks are signed off.
- Demonstrate effective balance sheet control through monthly review of reconciliations and provision of aged KPIs to Finance Controller and Finance Director.
- Supervision of reconciliations and provision of assistance to Finance team in clearing entries.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the accruals account.
- Involvement in systems development.
- Assist in daily pay-outs and Direct Debit runs
- Mentor and assess performance of staff
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with high degree of industry specific accounting knowledge.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Prior knowledge of Leasing would be an added benefit but all Financial Services expereince will be considered.
- Can work to group finance deadlines.
- Good people and time management, organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of running month end process and delivering a P&L within agreed timescales.