The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Oversight of the outsourced monthly close process for all UK entities.
· Assist in the construction and review of UK statutory accounts, audits, board/SMF papers and other communication materials.
· Oversee the ICAAP financial forecasts for the regulated UK entities including the Asset Management, Brokerage and Depositary businesses, working closely with the Financial Analyst & Capital team.
· Research and resolve accounting/business transactions and reporting issues, where some expertise is required to interpret and or highlight policy, guidelines and/or processes issues.
· Project engagement and management, working on cross-function and location processes, providing added value, insight and support.
· Recommend and work to implement process and technology improvements identified in day to day work.
· Strong IT skills (Excel/Power BI, Word, PowerPoint and general ledgers) are required to perform analysis and communicate financial information to various constituents.
· A clear understanding of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements. Demonstrates a good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks.
· Attention to detail with strong communication and first class presentation.
· Analytical and problem solving skills are required to evaluate financial results and projections.
· Highly motivated individual who has the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team and learn new processes.