Who we are looking for
You will conduct oversight and review for completeness and accuracy of all components of interim and final accounts and associated reconciliation packs for a variety of regulated fund types produced by other team members. You will be responsible for the oversight of outsourced accounting functions, collaborating with other State Street departments, auditors, clients and the other stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting, Officer you will
What we value
- Conduct oversight and review of accounts in SORP format with supporting schedules, distribution rates and any other client or regulatory deliverables as required
- Conduct oversight, review & delivery of all required reconciliation packs and reporting with required supporting schedules.
- Proof read up to final stage of the accounts for arithmetical and type setting accuracy and consistency.
- Act as a senior lead for assigned OEIC reporting process and as primary liaison point on all queries from clients, CSO, auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other stakeholders ensuring responses provided to all queries in a timely manner.
- Support manager in planning and control of team workloads and service delivery from Centers of Excellence
- Identify and escalate service level and operational risk issues in line with appropriate business and corporate policies
These skills will help you succeed in this role as an individual contributor:
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
About State Street What we do.
- Accountancy or Business degree or equivalent
- levels obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential.
- Obtained or studying towards IOC
- At least 4+ years of previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes
- Numeracy / Literacy skills and attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers