- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Front Office Divisional Strat - VP/Director level
CIB Strats combine expertise in quantitative analytics, data science, modeling, pricing and risk management with deep understanding of system architecture and programming.
This Divisional Strats team apply these skills to ensure that Front Office, Risk, Finance and other control functions receive the information they need to operate effectively, efficiently and supported by robust data. The team implements solutions across all CIB businesses globally through collaboration with Trading, Sales, Group Technology & Operations (GTO), Chief Operating Office (COO), Risk, Finance, Non-Financial Risk and other control functions.
The specific role advertised here is to be the lead strat for observability and applying it to levelling, day 1 reserves and associated processes such as back-testing for IPV, capture and analysis of traded prices/quotes. The solution should be re-usable for FRTB. There is potential for the role to expand, for example into pricing analytics and model risk.
- Be able to understand the requirements for observability from accounting (IFRS) and regulatory (FRTB) texts and convert this to executable tasks and processes.
- Work with Strats and Finance to determine the optimum solution, to have the methodology appropriately reviewed and validated and to decide which processes are better implemented in upstream technology.
- Work with Strats and Technology to determine and execute the optimum implementation across Global Markets.
- Directly implement code and devise methodologies to address the valuation issues.
- Take leadership to ensure effective execution of the program.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong quantitative analytic, modelling, pricing and risk management skills, with experience within a financial services environment.
- Strong computing and programming (coding) skills and experience, utilising programming languages such as Python, Matlab, R, S-Plus, C++, Structured Query Language (SQL) and Oracle.
- A very good understanding of the derivatives in at least one asset class with the skills to solve complex business problems.
- Relevant education such as a BSc / MSc/ PhD in a relevant subject such as Finance, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications.
- The ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams and functions, in addition to excellent presentational skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills and multi-cultural understanding.
- Able to multi-task different projects, collaborate across multiple teams and prioritise against tight deadlines.