Functional Business Analyst (FinTech)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst/Functional Analyst to join our team. Joining at this early stage means that you will have the opportunity to learn what setting up a modern FinTech business entails and to be actively involved in its evolution. You will be working with the leadership team, reporting directly to the C-level team, and you’ll have the chance to significantly shape the business not only in your domain of expertise but also in other intangibles (such as what the culture of the company should be).
Molo is an exciting FinTech start-up aiming at revolutionising mortgages in the UK, by developing the first true “fully digital”, direct-to-consumer mortgage lender in the country.
At Molo we don’t want to just marginally improve the mortgage process: our target is to radically redesign the mortgage experience for the 21st century, fully leveraging the power of technology to “make mortgages easy” for customers.
As a result, our tech-enabled platform will enable consumers to obtain “instant” mortgage loan approvals via an on-line 100% compliant process which moves away from paper forms, manual review steps and the typical convoluted layers of brokers, large banks and traditional mortgage lenders.
We are excited about what lies ahead; in the last few months we have started to put together a great team and are now looking for enthusiastic, like-minded people to join and build the next revolution in financial services together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About The Role
As a BA/FA at Molo you will be a key player in the team delivering innovative and strategic solutions. This means you will
- be involved in the full spectrum of delivery from initial scoping and analysis through to solution design and supporting delivery including QA
- work closely with business stakeholders running workshops and consultations to understand requirements and needs
- lead some of the relationships with our external providers
- lead analysis on feasibility and sizing of new requests and feeding this into businesses cases
- involved in problem diagnosis and resulting solution design including capturing and analysing requirements
- create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts
- prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports
- form part of the development scrum team in the build phase
- need to be comfortable analysing and interpreting data, to make sound recommendations using commercial judgement and analytic insight
- own some of the Administrative rights of our platforms and systems and deploy them across the team as required
You hold a bachelor or masters degree in computer systems of systems engineering and have 2+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Developer. Aside from this, it would be terrific if you have:
- Hands-on experience of Scrum
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to understand the bigger picture
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling
- Mortgage or finance industry related work experience desired but not essential
Why You’ll Love Us
- Learn how an exciting new business that’s disrupting an industry is born;
- Have a say in how the business evolves from an early stage;
- Own a lot of stuff: you'll have tons of responsibility and you will own your projects;
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded, experienced and passionate people;
- Within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture;
- Earn a competitive salary (dependent on experience) and meaningful equity.
If the above sounds like a role for you and you feel excited by the prospect of working with us, then we would very much like to meet you.
Please apply using the button below and we’ll promptly review your application and get back to you with next steps.