GCP Engineering Manager
GCP Engineering Manager GCB4
The GCP Engineering Manager role is to develop the technical capability to allow HSBC to host applications on GCP and consume GCP services in a secure, resilient, scalable and efficient way. The GCP Engineering Manager will ensure the integration (E.g. Network, Firewalls, Proxies, AD, DNS, NTP, Firewalls, Operating systems etc.) between HSBC and Google is fit for purpose and meets all of the appropriate HSBC security and risk standards. The role will report to the GCP Platform Head and be accountable for a globally distributed multi skilled team of DevOps engineers. The GCP Engineering Manager is accountable for all other aspects of people management for their team.
The GCP Engineering Manager will work in partnership with the GCP Service Delivery Lead to ensure that there is a robust support process in place, the GCP Product Managers to create a continuous feedback loop for customer requirements, the Security and Operational Compliance Lead to ensure the platform meets the appropriate security and risk standards and the GCP Technical Architect for key design decisions to ensure strategy and architectural alignment. What you will be doing;
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Managing direct reports (Role definition, hiring, objective setting, performance reviews, performance ratings).
- Budget planning and managing budgets.
- Ensuring the GCP platform meets operational Risk framework to manage business risk.
- Ensuring all relevant architecture governance, policy, and standards are met.
- Own the engineering operating model (Agile, Waterfall etc.) and tools (Jira, GSD, Confluence)
- Represent the GCP platform in discussions with internal IT partners and Google
The position will primarily be based in London
- CSP Certification
- Experience working as an Engineering Manager or relevant equivalent
- People management (Objective setting, Performance review)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Risk Management in an enterprise
- Demonstrable knowledge of Non Functional requirements
- Have experience managing stakeholders
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.