Global Bond Portfolio Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and financial intermediaries in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst. Based in London, the ideal candidate will work with the Global Bond Team to implement their investment activities in client portfolios.
•Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure the timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios
• Rebalancing portfolios in response to events such as cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines
• Monitoring portfolio positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines
• Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks
• Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income capital markets and investing
- Have advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail-oriented mindset
- Be able to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Have strong interpersonal skills, in order to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm
- Be able to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades
- Have relevant professional experience, gained in a similar Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Portfolio Manager or Trader Support role. Previous asset management industry experience is preferred, although candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered
- Have a strong academic background. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favourably
- Proficient programming skills, particularly in Python, would be view favourably
Global Bond Portfolio Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .