A global financial services firm based in the city is looking to recruit an experienced product controller into its Global Equity product line, in addition to supporting the FICC business lines on an ad-hoc basis. This will be a hands-on role providing full oversight into the P&L.
This role would be highly suited to a qualified accountant who is experienced in product control across a range of asset-classes, most desirable: equities (cash equities with some derivatives exposure, commodities and fixed income).
Key areas of focus for the global equities business-line includes Sector Swaps, Exchange Traded Funds, Index Arbitrage and Relative Value. The role will have heavy involvement in the production of the P&L and a great opportunity to really drill into the business to gain a holistic overview of how it is set-up. Candidates with strong excel knowledge are therefore preferred.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Timely & accurate P&L reporting and profit attribution on a daily & monthly basis
- Prepare Front-Office to Back-Office reconciliations for P&L and Balance Sheet
- Daily evaluation of large fluctuations and ensure appropriate escalation to management
- Full end-to-end oversight of the trade flow process
- Record, reconcile and/or coordinate all general ledger postings for product related activity (ex. balance sheet, revenue). **Exposure to SAP or Broadridge sub-ledger applications would be highly valuable**
- Forge an effective working relationship with legal entity, regulatory accounting, risk and operations.
- Continually analyse processes and identify opportunities for process improvement.
With lots of interesting projects coming through and continued investment of the firm's parent company into its European businesses, this role will provide a fantastic platform for career progression and development.