Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Global Payments Director at Checkout.com
As part of its ongoing growth, Checkout.com is looking for an experienced individual to join us as our global Head of Payments in our London office! This role will manage and grow the existing teams across Europe, APAC, MENA and the Americas, raise and improve operational controls and performance tracking and inject client centricity to the existing team. What you'll be doing:
- Manage a 30-person global payments team across Europe, APAC, MENA and the Americas. To do so, design, document and implement effective policies, processes, controls, SLAs and metrics to ensure adequate ongoing supervision, operational excellence and effective risk management.
- Transform the existing organisation into a client-centric organisation by developing and tracking client servicing metrics and designing and implementing processes to improve engagement with client-facing groups such as our Customer Success Managers.
- Reduce the number of manual payment processes and work with our Product and Technology teams to ensure that existing processes are consolidated, standardised and migrated on to our Treasury Management System (Kyriba).
- Devise and implement payment solutions and process flows for new product and client offerings that meet safeguarding requirements and risk management requirements and standards.
- Drive a culture of operational excellence, continuous improvement, controls and efficiency.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of payments against source system and bank statements.
- -Manage operational relationships with partner banks and other payment infrastructure partners.
- Senior-level experience within an organisation with a variety of different and complex payment flows, spanning multiple jurisdictions and currencies
- Proven track record of managing a large client-centric operational team and ensuring operational excellence
- Operational control mindset with experience building payment and operational controls and mitigating operational and financial risks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex payment flows and requirements from new products and setup requirements