Our client is a Fast-growing Wealth management business, with ambitious plans, looking for a new Group Financial Controller (newly created role as part of growth plans). Reporting into the CFO directly the successful candidate will have 4 direct reports.
Network & Relationships
- Build strong network across the business and develop a strong working relationship with the Senior Leadership team.
- Build excellent relationships with the auditors and influence improvements to the audit process.
- Build strong external networks (e.g. advisors, trade bodies, peer group)
UK Statutory, Regulatory & Management Reporting
- Delivery of monthly management results
- Quarterly board reporting.
- Responsible for delivery of annual statutory accounts for Wealth entities and the statutory audit owning the relationship with the auditors and ensuring improvements to the audit process are implemented.
- Responsible for delivery of regulatory reporting
- Ensure robust control environment is in place to produce accurate and timely financial information working to improve the month-end, quarterly and year-end close processes.
- Responsible for the review and sign-off of all the group management accounts.
- Responsible for oversight of tax outsource ensuring accurate reporting of tax balances and returns to HMRC.
Cashflow Forecasting & Covenant Management
- Own the cashflow forecasting process and deliver all covenant reporting
- Responsible for compliance with debt covenants and managing debt drawdown processes
- Responsible for cash conversion within the business ensuring robust control environment is in place and improvements to cash conversion are identified and implemented.
- Oversee interest payments and dividend policy.
- Own the control risk self-assessments and process documentation for areas of responsibility ensuring key risks are identified and mitigating controls are implemented.
- Responsible for all financial inputs to the Wealth ICARA.
- Responsible for regulatory change
- Assess future available capital and capital requirements, working to maintain an appropriate capital base and liquidity base
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Input to the preparation of the annual budget providing challenge to the business where appropriate.
- Input to the delivery of quarterly re-forecasts with focus on cashflow forecasts, ensuring key variances highlighted to CFO, and influencing corrective action where appropriate.
- Work with the CFO and the wider Finance management team to shape & influence the finance strategy (people, processes and systems).
- Ensure team understand the finance vision and strategy and their role in delivering it.
- Manage resources within team to deliver overall finance objectives ensuring the right balance is struck between meeting deadlines, people development and team morale.
- Ensure appropriate training and development for all team members.
- Identify strong performers and ensure they are given opportunities for development and progression.
- Ensure that under-performers are supported and that expectations are set so that they understand the standards that they must achieve.
- Prior experience in a senior finance role within Financial Services (essential)
- Qualified Accountant (Essential)
- Management experience (essential)