Human Resources Junior Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Human Resources Junior Project Manager
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Project and Program Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18074893
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Human Resources Junior Project Manager will participate in the planning, execution and delivery of complex HR business projects. Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost. Leads, defines and manages projects and project plans to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. The Junior Project Manager serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature, guiding them in the development and delivery of their work product.
Ability to interpret business requirements into actionable project and program plans. Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the HR business, its products and processes. Collaborates on creative alternatives to challenges; partners to drive adoption and challenge standards. Leads subject matter experts to resolve challenges and support other project managers with training and reporting. The candidate must have strong presentation skills and the ability to co-ordinate activities globally.
• Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
• Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products.
• Provides insight to management on issues.
• Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
• Understands each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit.
• Collaborates on creative alternatives to project challenges; partners to drive adoption and challenge standards.
• Maintain relationships with Global Process Owners and other team members at all levels.
• Ability to maintain and distribute reports on a regular and Ad hoc nature
• Create and maintain projects in MS project and in Citi Project Management tools (PTS, LPMT, PlanView)
• Create and maintain project artifacts such as Meeting Minutes, Meeting Schedules, etc.
All applicants must be a EU citizen, EU permanent resident or be otherwise authorized to work in the EU without restriction as to duration.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Extenisve years experience managing new projects.
• Five or more year's relevant business support and/or general analysis experience.
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles.
• Advanced knowledge of presentation tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc)
• Proven thought leadership skills with the ability to translate ideas into relevant and value added solutions
• Demonstrated ability to lead change
• Ability to develop and sustain relationships in an international context / across time zones
• Attention to detail is a must
• Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills to be used to interact with a global group
• High degree of initiative and personal accountability, self-starter and highly motivated
• Strong problem solving skills required.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Extensive years of Workday experience is highly desirable
extensive years of HR experience
• Extensive years of Financial Services industry experience (e.g., Credit Card, Risk Management, Decision Management, Finance, Marketing, Partnership Relationship Management)
• Extensive years of Project Management or Client Relationship Management experience.
• Familiarity with Waterfall & Agile Methodology.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer