IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager - Commercial Banking IT Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The role sits within the Commercial Banking Technology function, specifically focussed on one of the high priority transformation programmes for a Digital first, Mobile first and Cloud native, banking proposition, breaking ground on a number new leading edge technologies.
The programme is designed to offer a highly-tailored self-service banking experience. Built on a flexible platform that will streamline and simplify how customers can access HSBC's full suite of financial products (as well as its trusted reputation). The proposition will go beyond what is offered by incumbent and challenger competitors.
This is a highly challenging, yet nimble programme that's been set up to move at significant pace and constantly challenges and adapts to various aspects of new Technology, Culture, Business Operations and new ways of working within the Bank.
The Project Manager is responsible for working closely with the Programme Director to execute the Programme strategy. The role holder will manage and tracks plans to achieve complex programme objectives. The role holder will also manage a suitably sized PMO (Programme Management Office) function to support the programme. Key duties include:
Qualifications To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Manage execution of the programme that has a team of circa 350 employees across multiple geographies.
- Assists in shaping the programme design, model and ways of working to adapt to changing demands.
- Navigates the organisation and builds stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes.
- Tracks and reports on performance targets aligned to programme objectives.
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the programme and to solicit input to improve programme outcomes.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different programme activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
The base location for this role is 8 Canada Square, London. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
- A strong track record of designing, developing and delivering stable technology.
- Substantial experience in technology, including project and programme management, within financial services specifically a Tier 1 banking Global organisation.
- Experience of managing medium to Large scale programmes with IT budgets over $5M per annum.
- Managing some of the new Digital Technologies such as Cloud and AI.
- Managing multi-vendor and scaled agile environments across geographies.
- Experience with front to back systems (UX, UI, Front end development and APIs interfacing to legacy back end host systems).
- Establishing Organisational design, Operating Models and frameworks to adopt best working practices for technology development and deployment.
- Working with cloud-based technology and solutions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.