IT Strategy Consultant
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivaled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Become Part of the Team
Our clients look to us for help in designing, laying out the future strategies and transforming their IT organisation being prepared for the future. Our IT strategy advisory and services span from top management advisory laying of the future strategy to implementation and change at operational level working to ensure the successes of the business and IT Organisation.
As an IT Strategy consultant, you will help organisations to define their IT strategy, design target operating models and deliver transformation programmes to create future-ready IT organisations. You will have the opportunity of working with other sectors and services to deliver IT enabled business transformation.
We are looking for IT Strategy Consultants in every stage of their career with a minimum of 2 years' experience. Your responsibilities will depend on your grade, however at all levels you will be working with business and IT leaders. Alongside our experts you will draw on your knowledge of the principles of agile and lean as well as the opportunities that are possible through digital architectures, process automation, cloud infrastructure, strategic sourcing and artificial intelligence. Our consultants help businesses transform their IT capabilities, optimising costs and improving performance.
By collaborating with your colleagues, you will manage some of our most exciting projects across our portfolio of FTSE100 and Fortune 500 clients. It's your chance to be part of PA; an innovation and transformation consultancy, who believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. You will have the opportunity to work in cross functional teams: defining new IT strategies, testing the feasibility of cloud solutions against organisational requirements, creating new operating models for digital platforms and building DevOps capabilities. Job Requirements
You may not have had a traditional consulting role, but you should have a consultative approach and understand the lifestyle of consulting to multiple clients. Although consultancy experience will be valuable, we are also interested in candidates with relevant experience from industry and a passion for solving IT challenges.
You should have:
• A minimum of 2 years' relevance IT Strategy experience although more would be expected for senior roles.
• Knowledge of the general principles of information technology and technical/process experience in the following, is essential: IT operating model design, IT strategy development, IT service management, agile and lean
• Ability to articulate an organisations IT performance and requirements to demonstrate the value of their investment
• Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients for varying durations
• A desire to develop PA's internal IT Capability as well as working with our clients
• An ability to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• A passion for adding value to clients' business and embracing change
Advantageous to have:
• Experience of working with IT leaders or equivalent to define their vision and strategy
• Experience of working on large transformation programmes
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• A proven ability to think conceptually, solve problems and to deliver practical results
• Ability to manage a large and varied workload, to prioritise and multitask
Bringing knowledge and practical experience of working in at least one of the following market sectors would also be beneficial:
o Life Sciences
o Financial Services
o Defence and Security
o Energy and Utilities
o Consumer and Manufacturing
#LI-LO1 About PA Consulting Group
Within PA at all levels you will be given the following benefits:
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.