- Understand business, system, data and technology drivers, ensuring the resulting infrastructure products and services meet the requirements of the business.
- Identify requirements driven change, working with the necessary technology teams to evaluate and propose suitable technology and design to address those changes
- Assisting technology discipline ensuring consistent standards are applied across infrastructure technology domains and geographies
- Draft, review, comment and update solution designs and architectures to the level where these can be approved and implemented
- Maintain up-to-date architecture repositories, holding all relevant technology standards, design patterns, and approved designs
- Help formulate and socialise technology roadmaps, taking into account industry trends and technology changes, the ICBCS business strategy, and the availability of investment funds to deliver the strategy.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect to ensure the infrastructure capability and service aligns to any long term EA strategies.
- Builds relationships with Technology Teams across IT to gain a broad understanding of the business and how it operates
- Provides cross-infrastructure domain expertise and understanding back to technology teams to help them build systems and solutions that are fit for purpose
- Works with the Enterprise Architect to align infrastructure architecture to business and enterprise architecture changes
Technology Standards and Strategy
- Participates in technology product evaluation to help drive technology strategy
- Works with Infrastructure Domains to identify technology product gaps, and fill those through a technology adoption process.
- Develops enterprise infrastructure standards to ensure compatibility and standardisation across the organisation
- Works with Technical Leads and technology vendors to define and formulate technical roadmaps and strategies that meet business needs
- Works with Service Delivery teams to progress engagements through the design phase and into the build phase
- Engages with business IT and infrastructure teams to provide architectural guidance on design, and ensure adherence to design standards and patterns
- Maintains a common documentation library of standardized procedures, processes, design patterns, and technology standards
- Authors and edits architecture artefacts to a good standard, providing reviewers and approvers with the necessary facts, in a concise and easy to understand presentation
- Challenges accepted practice and design to ensure solutions are still relevant, up-to-date and fit for purpose for the organization.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff in regional offices to ensure standards and strategies are extended to those locations
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Cross infrastructure technology domain exposure
- Technical experience in one or more infrastructure technology domains
- Understanding of architecture frameworks, and how these are applied to an enterprise
Key Performance measures
- Be proficient in producing design or other architecture artefacts, including requirements discovery, analysis, formulation of solutions, and technology selection
- Have technical knowledge in at least one area of infrastructure to the level of subject matter expert
- Have a broad understanding of infrastructure, having had exposure to a wide variety of technologies and their implementations
- Develop & support interfaces with other departments within the organisation and within GPS, including:
- All other IT functions
- Collegial teams within Global Production Services i.e. Portfolio Management, Architecture, Midrange, DBA's, San, Networks, Market Data, Desktop Services & Service Desk.
- Direct line management and GPS Management
- Service Delivery
- Regional IT support staff
- Core GPS Functions
- All other IT CTB functions
- Internal / External Audit teams
- Technology Risk teams