Our client, a leading investment firm, is seeking an interim Head of Accounting to join the team for a six-month basis. The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with at least five years post-qualified experience. This is an exciting opportunity
to lead the financial accounting function for the UK entity, with a particular focus on statutory reporting, financial results, audits, and regulatory compliance. Description
- Manage a small team of two accountants (one newly qualified, one trainee).
- Assist in the preparation of UK entity budgets.
- Support for the Management Accounting team in all aspects of UK entity forecasting eg intercompany billing, actual vs budget variance reporting etc.
- Liaise and coordinate with different functions within the business as required, including providing support for Legal and Tax teams with the requirement to independently review, understand and implement legal/tax advice and agreements.
- Take full responsibility for UK entity statutory audits and liaise with Swiss and Jersey offices to facilitate consolidation requirements.
- Manage financial reporting relationship with Companies House, HMRC and other regulatory bodies.
- Prepare the London office shared costs budgets and forecasts, including liaising with local business head and the Management Reporting team.
- Management of workload and output to feed into requirements of UK entities financial reporting and wider group requirements.
- Write statutory financial statements.
- Manage the UK auditor relationship and act as the primary contact with external auditors.
- Providing ad hoc support to Head of Accounting as required.
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of five years of relevant PQE.
- Experience of Sun accounting applications preferable (but not essential).
- Extensive experience in FRS102 accounting standards.
- Experience of working in multicurrency and multijurisdictional organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.