Internal Audit Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 20 Mar 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Internal Audit Manager, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The role is responsible for monitoring a wide range of risks within the UK Business. The responsibility includes assisting in the follow-up of all outstanding issues, preparation of the status reports to the Risk committee and GACC, review of Policies and Procedures and conduct investigations as and when requested.
Furthermore, you will be assisting in completion and execution of the approved annual audit plan for the UK. Conduct individual audit assignments in line with best practices, including but not limited to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA).
Due to the ever increasing focus of Financial Crime Audits in the UK, we are looking for candidates who have Best Practice Standard methodology experience covering the following areas:
- Robust Risk Assessment. Financial Crime Coverage - Audit Plan
- Sampling Methodology of Assurance levels built upon Inherent/ Residual risks.
- In depth review of Policies/ Procedure and in-depth testing of their effectiveness
- Communication factors - Report Writing (opinions and recommendations)
- The effectiveness of the Follow up Monitoring to check for Root Cause.
In addition, general responsibilities include:
- Ensure effectiveness of adopted policies/ procedures and related controls in all areas pertaining to the UK.
- Add value to the functions performed by the Audit Tasks Section by identifying risks that entail financial loss or regulatory non-compliance that could result in monetary damage through the audit and risk review processes.
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities by highlighting process inefficiencies.
- Follow-up status of all outstanding and pending issues related to reports issued, on a regular basis.
- Attend periodical meetings with auditees, Head of Divisions to discuss pending audit issues, in consultation with the GIAD - International.
- Assist in submitting quarterly report of follow-up to GCAE for placing before the Group Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Be a point of contact on behalf of GCAE/GIAD for policies, procedures, referrals within / from QNB Group.
- Where necessary and in consultation with the GIAD-International, liaise with relevant business heads and other stakeholders to consider business strategy / priorities, nature of risk to determine audit priorities and coverage; audit cycle and frequency.
- Assist in escalating issues needing the attention of auditee, auditors and or GCAE where necessary to resolve pending issues. Actively pursue complex issues where auditee is not in accord with the outstanding point.
- Assist in preparing an annual audit/ risk review and other audit tasks plan for submission to the Chief Internal Auditor - International for their review, based on the risk assessment conducted for the incumbent's area of responsibility.
- Implement and execute the plan approved by the GACC and ensure completion of the same within the assigned period.
- Ensure that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting stages are conducted in consonance with the procedures/ guidelines contained in the internal audit manual, including but not limited to communications to relevant auditee management on audit commencement, presentation of draft reports to auditee management and obtaining their responses and holding of closing meetings in consultation with GIAD-International.
- Utilize appropriate audit software procured by Group Internal Audit
- Submit their own performance appraisal to the GIAD-International on timely basis in accordance with the laid down policy in this regard.
- Bachelor degree in finance, economics, accounting, banking or other related subjects.
- Professional qualifications such as CIA / CMA / CPA / CA/ ACCA / CISA
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a major bank or leading audit firm.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV