An independent debt advisory partnership with offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris and Madrid, the firm distinguishes themselves as a purely dedicated leveraged, corporate and fund finance debt advisory firm and are the most experienced and qualified team in Europe.
The Debt Advisory team's track record includes more than 250+ successful transactions ranging from small (€30m) to large (€2bn+) debt transactions across multiple sectors and European jurisdictions as well as cross-border deals. The team have advised a large proportion of the leading European financial sponsors and are recognised across the advisory community for our hands-on and highly technical approach.
The Role: Investment Analyst
The role will comprise advising sponsors and leveraged corporates across Europe on primary debt financings, refinancings, restructurings and strategic financial reviews.
You will get exposure to a wide range of debt products including bank loans, unitranche, bonds, subordinated instruments, IPO-financings, asset financings and venture debt.
Deals are executed in small teams and the role provides the opportunity to be involved in every stage of the mandate from origination to execution. The successful candidate will benefit from one of the strongest deal flows of any debt advisory team in Europe, high client exposure from day 1, and close support and development from our experienced team.
- Working on a range of debt advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, debt funds, lawyers, advisors, and others
- Building and reviewing financial models for assessing the viability of transaction structures and determining appropriate debt levels
- Preparing transaction related documents, including teasers, management presentations and overviews of financing options
- Involvement in all stages of the financing process including direct exposure to C-level management and involvement in strategic discussions for debt financing options with the financial sponsor and/or management
- Liaising with banks and debt funds to secure competitive financing packages
- Conducting credit analysis including review of due diligence
- Undertaking market and comparable transactions research
- Leveraged finance or accounting background from a top tier bank, lending business, advisory or corporate finance firm
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in oral and written English and one additional European language is highly desirable (ideally German)
- Ability to build complex financial models with focus on cashflow based lending
- Strong business acumen with a practical understanding of commercial terms and credit risk
- Organisational and project management skills
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and able to succeed in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment