- £85k + Class A Shares
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Durlston Partners
- 17 May 19
Award-winning and well-funded Fintech startup client based in Old Street is actively looking to hire talented Java Developers to help them build a cutting-edge cloud-based product in their drive to reduce the cost of trading. They are using the latest technologies and deep quantitative expertise to build from the ground up a first of its kind serverless analytics platform in AWS. Tech stack: Java, Kotlin, Maven, Angular 5, TypeScript, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Terraform
Client looking to hire a passionate, versatile technologist with a strong computer science background and deep understanding of the fundamentals (including data structures, algorithms, concurrency issues). Experience working in finance and knowledge of the derivatives lifecycle (execution, clearing, settlements) as well as experience in building financial applications for business users would be desirable.
Candidates must be keen to immerse themselves in a modern and fast-moving startup environment with minimal bureaucracy. In return, they offer a relaxed, collaborative environment where technologists are well looked after, steep learning curve and exposure to the business with regular compensation reviews and career progression.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Java
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Appetite to work in a start-up environment and building a business
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong academic background
Desirable Business Knowledge:
- Finance industry awareness - derivatives, OTC clearing, regulatory changes
- Capital markets experience, ideally exposure to interest rates derivatives.
- Familiarity with common pricing and risk metrics (NPV, delta, gamma).
- Regular compensation reviews
- Equity - Class A shares
- Choose your own equipment - Macs/PCs, accessories
- Working in an elite tech-focused team with Java influencers
If you are interested and would like more information then please submit a CV.