- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 May 19
See job description for details
Team/ Role Profile
The Liquidity Management Technology group are looking for an experienced developer to join the groups London-based team.
The Liquidity Management Technology group works across a range of critical firm systems that cover all the major Global Treasury and Cash Management functions, including managing and monitoring the Global Liquidity Reserve Portfolio with respect to various Liquidity Risk measures, Funding & Forecasting of Liquidity flows, Funding Execution and delivers valuable strategic change, tactical enhancement and support for the Treasury and Cash management.
An opportunity exists for an experienced developer to take a hands-on role within an agile team to deliver Treasurys strategic real-time Liquidity management platform. This is a multi-year initiative, with a broad range of applications across the department. The ideal candidate will have a track record of working on complex platform enhancements across a diverse range of technologies, seeing it through into a production environment and will understand what successful delivery looks like.
The successful candidate will think at all times as an owner and demonstrably work to ensure continuous improvement of both the departments suite of applications and the methods by which they are developed and delivered. The candidate with be an ardent technologist with a keen interest in Financial services and investment banking, with an high regard to clean code, test coverage, BDD, building scalable and resilient real-time systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Hands on development and enhancement of components using Java,
- Angular using test first behavioural driven techniques.
- Working close to Treasury and Cash management users in London and across the global, understand the business requirements and play a key role in building the strategic platform.
- Ensure code quality and automated testing standards, be a part of regular code reviews and ensure code coverage test metrics and quality gates are upheld and enhanced.
- Ensuring environment controls and usage, ensuring testing environments are correctly managed across projects and small enhancement work.
- Involved in front-to-back development, including the architecture of the system as well as the data visualisation of the platform.
- Level 3 support.
The right candidate must have the following key skills:
- Hands-on experience in developing robust, large-scale, real-time systems where data accuracy is paramount.
- Proven Track record in delivering system enhancements into a production environment on schedule, in an agile environment.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise software development with at least one of Java, Angular/Typescript.
- In depth experience with Spring (if coming from a Java background).
- Solid understanding of Stream processing, RDBMS and database application development, ideally Sybase/DB2.
- Familiarity with messaging protocols and communication patterns, such as JMS/SOAP/GPB.
- Competence with the Unix/Linux/Windows Operating Systems.
- Practical knowledge of source control and issue management tools, ideally Git and JIRA.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate would have the following additional skills:
- Prior experience in Financial Services; an understanding of front-to-back office business processes, particularly in the Cash Management,
- Corporate Treasury and/or Financial Controller domains.
- Experience with one of Java, Angular/Typescript in addition to their core competency.
- Experience with cross technology communications, specifically Java/C#.
- Experience in working with Stream processing architecture using Apache Kafka
- Experience in working with large dataset processing in real-time with frameworks like Apache Spark.
- Experience in model driven architecture, DSL patterns and reactive workflows.