See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Team Profile :
This is a developer role in DerivOne team who is responsible for developing the firm's strategic datamart and reporting platform for OTC (Over the Counter) complex derivatives products. OTC derivative transactions and confirmation messages are fed into DerivOne in real time. The team provide data through consolidated interfaces allowing our downstream systems and users to conveniently extract data and generate self-service reports. The candidate will be as part of the team involved in building scalable and high performance applications and components for regulatory, business analytics (metrics reporting) and operational risk reporting.
The global team consists of highly technical team members who are adaptable to both hands on development and project management. The business stakeholders and subject matter experts will be globally distributed, which requires the candidate to be pro-active communicating with them for project requirements, overseeing the implementation of projects and managing other development resources.
The development will be performed using an agile methodology which is based on scrum (timeboxing, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, etc.) and XP (continuous integration, refactoring, unit testing, etc.) best practices. The candidate will be able to work collaboratively within a larger team.
• Technical analysis and software development
• Infrastructure engineering for stability and scalability, capacity planning
• Architecture and system design
• Develop, maintain and track detailed delivery plans
• Hands on development, testing, change management (full SDLC)
• Work closely with support team for application handover and knowledge transfer Qualifications:
• Hands on Core Java skill is a must (concurrency, Java 7 and 8)
• Hands on with build and continuous integration tools (Ant, Gradle, Jenkins)
• Hands on TDD practice using JUnit, Mockito, code coverage and other related tools
• Unix/Linux/ and application and database performance tuning
• Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and XP
• Exposures to Business Intelligence & Datawarehouse technology, understanding of Financial Derivatives highly desirable
• Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of project phases & milestones and be able to effectively manage and prioritise their time accordingly, in order to deliver to those milestones
• Able to identify project risks and dependencies before they become issues, drive mitigation where possible and escalate where not
• Able to oversee and work on multiple projects simultaneously, whilst consistently delivering to a high standard
• Able to communicate effectively and confidently with colleagues of all levels of seniority, from different backgrounds and based in other (global) locations
• Strategic thinker with a commercial and pragmatic approach
• Have strong analytical skills and be a creative thinker, able to analyze an issue and help develop multiple solutions
• Be comfortable operating within a dynamic and changing environment and able to react appropriately
• Multicultural awareness
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 27/06/2019