Junior Data Scientist
Job Description: Junior Data Scientist - Digital Engineering
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you're encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It's important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table - so we'd love to know what makes you different. About Capco
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Machine learning team to work on a number of exciting new technology initiatives like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Open APIs. What we're looking for:
Data Scientists experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience using data science to see beyond the numbers.
As a Data Scientist you will be supporting the Digital teams on a mix of ad hoc and continuous client projects. The successful candidate will also play an active part in the Capco R&D function, designing and developing data science projects that utilise our extensive big data assets together with the latest machine learning techniques to improve our predictive modelling capability as well as supporting sales pitches by speaking to prospective clients about Capco's Data Science/Machine Learning capability. Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating machine intelligence techniques, including neural networks, deep learning, random forests, image processing, and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources to provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Implement custom algorithms with senior data scientist oversight and create graphical user interfaces, flow processes, and layouts for complex modelling, data mining, statistical analysis, and research purposes.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest machine learning capabilities.
- Assisting on client pitches and proposals for machine learning projects
- Work with scientists and business leaders on difficult engineering problems with minimal engineering or data science backgrounds.
- Working with the engineering team to develop end to end production ML systems
- Degree/MSc/PhD in either computer science, machine learning, data mining or statistical learning, or related discipline
- Proficiency in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques e.g. k-means, decision trees, neural networks, ensemble learning, etc.
- Expertise in at least one programming/scripting language e.g. Python (desirable), R
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analysis to non-technical audiences.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
- Experience using machine learning techniques to tackle problems involving high-dimension unstructured data would be an advantage.
- Financial services industry experience
- Developing for Big Data technology stacks (Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL databases etc)
- Exposure to cloud computing (GCP preferably, AWS, Azure)
- Data Visualisation tools (Tableau, QlikView etc)
- Entries into Kaggle Competitions
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry. We offer:
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.