eFinancialCareers is looking for a Junior Journalist / Reporter based in London. We have a very successful editorial offering with over a million readers a month and rank as one of the top sources of news and comment for people working in the financial services industry globally. You will be working on a fast-paced small team producing content that engages people building careers across the global investment banking and finance industry, including technology and fintech.
We’re looking for an exceptional writer and communicator, who has a keen eye for good storytelling. You are creative and full of ideas. You want to create original and exceptional content and to build a network of contacts that will enable you to generate the kind of work that can’t be found elsewhere.
As junior journalist/reporter you will
- Work with the global managing editor to produce stories about jobs and careers about the financial services industry (including the fintech sector and investment banks/hedge funds/private equity).
- Rewrite and optimize our ‘evergreen’ articles for SEO.
- Write for an audience of experienced industry professionals and students interested in getting into the financial services industry.
- Write global stories of interest to readers in both the U.S and European markets
- Juggle multiple stories and ideas to ensure a flow of pieces for the site.
- Encourage, manage and respond to readers’ comments.
- Source compelling images from photo libraries.
- Work with eFinancialCareers’ data to develop interesting narratives for longer reports.
- Develop a range of insider contacts in the fintech and banking industry. Use these contacts to source unusual stories – we don’t write from press releases!
The ideal candidate will have
- A degree. Knowledge of finance, economics or tech a plus
- Excellent written English, and able to write and produce compelling, quirky, authoritative content on finance.
- A keenness to work in a fast-paced environment at the heart of the global financial services industry.
- The ability to recognize which ideas will work and which won’t
- To be a fast, accurate, fun writer of informative accurate content that insiders will love
- An interest in financial services and technology
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills
A competitive salary and bonus plus excellent benefits like pension, medical and life insurance, health and well-being contribution, access to wellbeing app and a Recharge Day to encourage positive mental health
Annual leave starts from 25 days per year
Friday early outs
Hybrid Working (1-2 days in the office per week)
Investment in learning & developing (individual and team budget)
2 Volunteering days per year
Snacks in the office when you’re here!
Regular events to socialize with your amazing colleagues!
eFinancialCareers, is the world’s leading financial services and tech careers website, and the place to go for careers and talent. We provide finance professionals with the latest job opportunities, career information and invaluable industry insights they need to maximise their potential. The site connects them to roles within many of the world’s most respected financial organisations.