Lead Business Manager
Senior Business Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Senior Business Manager to join HSBC Technology.
Operations Shared Services is a Technology function that supports GLCM, Payments and Operations Governed areas as well as 3 supplier service lines providing core services to the Bank.
The Business Management function provides the framework for an operationally excellent organisation capable of delivering a first-rate service to our business partners incorporating dual aims
What you will be doing;
- To be a valued and trusted integrated partner, providing services for IT to achieve its strategic goals
- To be the center of excellence for business management core processes providing functional and regional support and appropriate governance
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Financial Management - Responsible for managing Charges and Direct costs (ledger reporting) for the service line to deliver technology service on budget, meeting stretch targets through comprehensive understanding of cost base and drivers.
- Resource Management - Responsible for implementing workforce strategy to support organisation goals and drive resource management operations for the service line
- Communications - Working in partnership with the central communication to ensure internal and external stakeholders are fully informed regarding the direction and achievements of technology and manage staff communications
- Risk & Control - Foster a culture of control at every level of the organisation
- Supply Chain Management - Deliver third party specialist services as effectively and efficiently as possible through well-controlled strategic partnerships
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Strong customer focus with a drive to deliver standards of service to internal clients at least equivalent to external providers.
- Able to work with many simultaneous tasks in a pressurized, time-sensitive environment
- Able to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving organisation with little direction and without adversely impacting day-to-day delivery
- Able to direct others without having authority or seniority over them
- Able to ensure accurate information maintenance at all levels despite rapid and frequent changes
The location for this role is Park street, Southwark, London
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.