Lead UX Designer
Reuters News Agency is seeking a Lead User Experience Designer to oversee the design and experience direction of our flagship B2B platform, Reuters Connect - the one-stop shop for content sourcing and creation. The role will lead the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users' needs.
We are looking for a design-minded, research and detail obsessed individual to help create consistency across all our digital products. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional and global team throughout the produce development cycle; from concept development to execution to launch, all while advocating the voice of our users. Responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Work with the product team to create detailed user flows, product maps, and wireframes to clearly communicate current and future customer journeys
- Prototyping interaction models and new ideas to facilitate good product decisions and usability testing
- Present designs informed by research and business objectives at design forums and iterate based on feedback from the wider team
- Creating clear specs for the engineering team and discussing trade-offs of different approaches
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to ideate, troubleshoot or iterate experiences
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research and apply insights to future projects
- Run efficient and unbiased user interviews to better understand user needs
- Support other teams such as our B2C Reuters web site with ad-hoc needs for design and/or presentations
- Solid understanding of the UX process and design principles
- Proficient in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to prototype in InVision, Marvel or similar
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and CSS, and a general understanding of front-end development as well as established and emerging web technologies
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Global mindset, thick skin, and a sense of humor.
- Team player
- Significant experience in a relevant role, ideally within the news, media or technology industries
- General knowledge of, and genuine interest in the news and media industry
- Experience working on e-commerce platforms
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations