Manager, Data Licensing and Policy
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Manager, Data Licensing and Policy will be at the heart of CME's Data Services business, driving growth and creating opportunity for CME's suite of market data products. The role features responsibilities for the development, implementation and management of CME's market data policies, and in the creation of innovative new initiatives. designed to stimulate revenue and user growth globally.
The Manager, Data Licensing and Policy has a diverse portfolio of internal stakeholders across many different business lines in CME Group and will advance the Data Services business in a thoughtful and holistic way, understanding our customers needs and ensuring that we can facilitate those needs through the most optimal data licensing solutions.
This position requires a keen understanding of the global market data industry, including market data policies, business models and pricing, as well as a strong business development mindset to expand our client base, client commitment and channels to market. The role will require an astute balance of commercial outlook and operational expertise to provide opportunities for growth with minimal risk.
• Ensure a deep understanding of customers' use and interaction with CME market data (both Futures and Options, and our Cash markets) to create and implement commercial programs and initiatives which stimulate wider interest in CME markets in the short-term, leading to stronger data revenues in the long-term.
• Deliver licensing solutions that meet our customers' needs.
• Proactively identify further opportunities for CME to increase its channels of distribution.
• Manage and regularly review key commercial policies and initiatives to ensure CME is providing the optimal environment for data usage growth.
• Develop a deep understanding of CME's core market data licensing agreements, programs and policies.
• Develop a deep understanding of other Information Sources' market data licensing agreements, programs and policies to understand how CME can align and enhance its own licensing
Experience and qualifications
• Undergraduate university degree, preferably in Business or Finance.
• Commercial experience in market data with a focus on market data licensing models, policy definition, strategy and pricing.
• Experience of OTC and/or Cash markets data
• Strong interest in IP protection and commercialisation
• Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong influencer and enthusiasm for problem-solving
• Experience with Tableau
• Strong Excel skills
• FISD - Financial Information Associate qualification is desirable