Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
This role is part of the newly formed Daily Postings finance team, reporting to the Director of Revenue and Billing. The purpose of this team is to accurately account for revenue, cost of sales and the associated balance sheet amounts, to ensure there are robust controls over processes and the balance sheet, and to provide analysis on Checkout's net revenue results. What you will be doing:
- Jointly managing a team of nine members.
- Providing timely and accurate reporting of net revenue results each month.
- Establishing and embedding good practice processes and controls.
- Reviewing journals for revenue and cost of sales by agreeing journal postings back to source data and detailed workings.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysing results on a continuous basis to identify errors with processes or upstream data.
- Responding to stakeholder queries.
- Continuous improvement of reporting to assist with stakeholder requirements.
- A qualified chartered accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with at least three years of post qualification experience
- Preferably Big 4 or Mid-Tier accounting firm experience
- Strong Excel skills (macro-level preferred but not essential)
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experienced in managing teams of up to 10 people
- Experienced with Workday Financials (prefered by not required)
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values. What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here . More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.