Marketplace Credit Analyst
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
About the role:
Funding Circle are looking for an organised & adaptable Credit Analyst to join a fast-growing team in a high growth area of the business, Funding Circle Marketplace.
Funding Circle Marketplace is an exciting new area of the company that helps small business owners secure funding by building partnerships with a broad panel of alternative lenders and utilising a range of lending products. This is an important new division of the business and the Credit Analyst will play an integral role in contributing to the team's growth and development.
Alongside supporting the team and our customers in ensuring that we are placing applications to partners appropriately, you will also help to deliver great customer outcomes across a variety of responsibilities:
- Protecting our lender relationships by ensuring that we send qualified leads that fit their criteria
- Liaising with lenders to better understand their policies and criteria to ensure we are always adapting to the market environment
- Analysing lender feedback on cases to pick trends and help us change our approach
- Building Excel/Tableau dashboards to enhance our performance reporting and understanding of lender performance
- Reviewing conversion rates and conducting deep dives into data as well as testing samples to understand and identify ways to improve
- Working with the Sales Manager to ensure that the team are packaging applications effectively based on the lenders requirements and our understanding of their underwriting process
Why join us?
- 3+ years risk AND/OR underwriting experience in at least one SME lending provider with a strong ability to analyse an SME's accounts and financial ratios
- Understanding of multiple SME lending products
- Demonstrable analytical ability, being able to look at data and find ways to understand what drives it and where improvements/opportunities can be found
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with partners
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octave - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.