NDF FX Trader, AVP - Korean Speaking
KRW NDF FX Trader reporting to the Regional Head of EMFX Trading. You will oversee and manage risks that have an impact to the region's Sales, Trading & Research business, typically driven by changes or opportunities in FX markets, client demand or by market driven events. The responsibilities will include the identification of risks, the analysis and the development of a trading strategy around these risks as well as the co-ordination across different areas, regions and groups that have an involvement, contribute to or have a responsibility in handling and resolving these risks. Role specifics
- Provide liquidity provision to our clients and the subsequent risk management of any risk transfer
- Manage our inventory to facilitate our client requirements and add revenues.
- Drive the expansion of our client centric NDF markets business in EMEA.
- Meet with clients to develop and further enhance our relationships.
- Analyze, discuss and develop strategy to address ignificant market driven events/changes that can have risks / costs / balance sheet / liquidity / financing / clearing / collateral / or other impacts to the FX business.
- A strong, practical understanding of the foreign exchange business, local markets, regulations, operations, and associated credit, liquidity, financing, and clearing knowledge.
- A strong track record in trading major NDF currencies globally - with a particular in depth knowledge and experience in KRW - local market experience preferential.
- The ability to market-make regional currencies to offshore clients and markets.
- The ability to use risk analytics, stress tests, scenario analysis relating to market risk, counterparty risks, liquidity and other risks impacting the sales & trading business.
- Strong team player, able to work within the global structure of State Street, and more pertinently, liaise with the local trading team in Seoul.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient, innovative, able to challenge the status quo, develop or advance ideas and work with small teams as well as represent the business
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- A minimum BA degree or significant market experience.
- Analytical and structured.
- Can work well in a team, under pressure at times.
- Fluent in English & Korean.
- Experience of working in the local FX market in Seoul, trading onshore/offshore KRW.
Job advert opening date: 24th June 2019
Job advert closing date: 23rd July 2019
Salary: Market rate/competitive