In this role you will be involved in operational management and high proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving issues in enterprise network. Responsibilities
- Support end-to-end customer traffic over a large and complex enterprise scale-network environment.
- Ensure network availability, performance and security requirements meet business needs.
- Participate in planning and lead deployment of assigned network initiatives and projects.
- Create and maintain operational procedure documentation for new and existing network solutions.
- Perform changes to maintain, repair and upgrade technologies within areas of expertise.
- Transition technical solutions from design and deployment network teams into support organisation and operational processes.
- Investigate the causes for and design solutions to problems within areas of expertise.
- Mentor and coach peers and vendor partners within a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Apply an ITIL process-based approach for fulfilment of work activities.
Knowledge of and working expertise on key network technologies including but not limited to: Cisco LAN, route/switch, wireless LAN, Cisco data center route/switch, software defined networking (SDN), VMWare hypervisor/ESX/NSX, 3rd party hosted and virtual (Azure, AWS, etc.) data center, load balancing, firewall rules, WAF, IPS/IDS, DLP, DDoS, network authentication (ACS, radius, NAC), Remote access VPN (SSL, Cisco any connect, IPSEC),
Understand and support a complex global network operating environment including maintenance, problem solution and routine changes.
Communicate and articulate technical information across various organisational levels.
Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after our on-call support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems About Our Company
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.