Our Goal and Mission
VTB Capital’s goal is to be Russia’s Investment Banking powerhouse. We want to be the firm that is a natural choice for all Russian Investment banking and asset management products. A choice our clients around the world make routinely and with confidence.
Our mission is to exceed client expectations by providing first class financial services. To create value for the benefit of our clients and for economic and social progress globally.
This role reports into the Head of Core Infrastructure and IT Operations (UK and International), with regional and global responsibilities to provide operational, engineering and deployment services across the VTBC globe with functional reporting to Head of Network and Voice.
- Network infrastructure configuration and deployment using Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Firewalls and VPN, Broadcom Web Proxies (Bluecoat), Checkpoint firewalls, Citrix Netscaler load-balancers, Riverbed WAN optimisers, Pulse Secure Remote Access gateways and other solution according used in VTB Capital corporate network across all global VTB Capital locations.
- Operational change preparation and deployment on production banking network infrastructure for both large and small projects within a strict change management discipline across all VTB Capital global locations.
- 2nd and 3rd line global network support with on-call support duties.
- Global representation of the Networks and Voice team in meetings, and in relation to updates on local projects pertaining to that region. Global representation of Network changes at Change Advisory Boards
- Maintaining a client facing approach and ensuring customer satisfaction of clients of Global Networks and ensuring positive working relationships with other IT Teams and Clients at all times.
- Global and regional vendor management of carriers and infrastructure vendors.
- Design of support and operational procedures to handover to 1st line support and infrastructure monitoring teams as part of the ongoing improvement of the function.
- Taking part in research and development process within the functional area of Network and Voice team responsibility.
- Design, definition, testing, governance and improvement of global engineering standards.
- Technology lifecycle management of the Networks and Voice infrastructure including software and hardware upgrades.
- Perform role of network architect for small-medium projects where Network and Voice team resources are involved
- Taking part in budgeting and procurement processes pertaining to that region
- Perform the role of IT Service Manager for designated IT service(s) as agreed with (and fulfilling the responsibilities set out by) the UK & International CIO
- Where assigned as IT Service Manager, ensure that the IT Service is adequately provisioned to the business’s requirements and to VTB Capital global & local IT standards. Also ensure that regular reporting on service performance is available to London IT management and that the required oversight is in place to ensure that poor service performance is addressed / escalated in a timely manner.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
Essential and Required Skills
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Network support and deployment in an Investment Bank or equivalent Finance based organization within a strict change management discipline.
- Cisco routing and switching skills to CCNP+CCDP+CCSP or higher level or equivalent years of experience.
- Operational and design experience of:
- Excellent knowledge in Cisco campus network technologies with practical experience of implementation
- Excellent knowledge in Cisco Datacentre networks including Cisco ACI and Cisco EVPN technologies with practical experience of implementation
- Excellent knowledge in advanced routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.) with practical experience of implementation
- Excellent knowledge in QoS with practical experience of implementation
- Excellent knowledge in Cisco Security Solutions including Firewalls, VPN and network infrastructure security features with practical experience of implementation
- Experience of working with Symantec Web Proxies, Juniper Netscreen firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, Citrix Netscaler load-balancers, Netscaler Remote access gateways, Riverbed WAN optimisers, Pulse Secure Remote Access gateways
- Experience of working with Monitoring Systems
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience to troubleshoot and perform configuration changes during major outages.
- Experience of having worked in a global networks organisation and remote management.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A team player with energy and a desire to progress in a fast moving, demanding and progressive environment.
- Ability and experience of working as part of a global team and organization.
- A pro-active engineer taking ownership and initiative to see solutions and problems to a conclusion.
Highly Desirable Skills & Certifications
- Good understanding of Windows/Linux, AD, LDAP, Storage , Backup and other IT infrastructure related services
- Automation skills (Python)
- Project management skills
- Exposure and understanding of the different types of Business/Finance applications used in an Investment bank
- Russian Language as a plus but not mandatory
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- The job holder should have the understanding of the VTB Capital network and voice infrastructure that is sufficient to provide daily operational support, carry out deployment activities and contribute to infrastructure development.
- Involvement in the decision making process on network projects , operational support and deployment procedures development, optimisation and improvement.
- Involvement in the decision making process on the network architecture and design principles.
- Involvement in the decision making process on cost saving initiatives.
- As part of IT Service Manager role making contractual decisions with management support.