Next Generation Technology Fellowship (PhD) - Digital
Job Description: Next Generation Technology Fellowship - Digital
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you're encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It's important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table - so we'd love to know what makes you different. About Capco
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are:
Role description What's this all about?
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We're looking for hardworking upcoming or recent PhD graduates to join our new fellowship programme. Our aim is to fast track technically gifted candidates to becoming subject matter experts in fintech and financial services consulting.
Fellows will have a great opportunity to work on our clients' most interesting business and technology challenges, alongside project teams of other former researchers, as well as colleagues from a wide variety of other backgrounds. What kind of work will I do?
Actually consultants work on a very wide variety of problems, some of which can be brand new and therefore very hard to specify ahead time.
However, some of us who previously joined via this programme have worked on projects modelling the finances of commodity exchanges and retail banks; building new apps for high street banks; and prototyping a proof of concept for loan contract exchanges using blockchain technology. So why me?
Having a PhD can be way more applicable to consulting than you may think. The skills you take for granted like presenting complex ideas to large audiences, finding creative solutions independently and engaging in discussions with senior researchers set you up for a successful career in consulting. Skills & experience
Professional experience is important. But it's paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a daring advantage. Here's what we expect from our fellows:
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Be able to present complex ideas in simple ways for a variety of audiences
- Have confidence in your ideas, but modesty about how you conduct yourself
- Enjoy problem solving, being innovative and having a flexible working style
- Work well with a team but don't be shy about showing leadership
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Doctorate (e.g. PhD, EngD) preferably (but not necessarily) in a STEM subject
- Undergraduate degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent)
- Three A-levels or equivalent
- Some knowledge of new technologies being used in finance (e.g. any of the following: blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, chatbots)
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and how they can be applied
- Coding experience, particularly in model building, prototyping or app development
- Exposure in working with developers
- Any experience in business, e.g. internships, running your own small business, etc.
The majority of our clients are based within a short distance from our offices, however 100% travel to client site may be required. WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry. We offer:
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture