CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Provides Technical Support with the primary focus being in the European Region. You will be responsible for reviewing any outstanding calls assigned to the group and work on action plans when needed to address and resolve customer, system and other related problems.
You will project manage the deployment of EBS products into the Production environment and
when necessary, work with Account Managers and/or other groups to resolve any technical issues.
• Responds to client inquiries via Customer Support and/or our Global Technical Control Centre concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
• Uses various operational systems and utilities to verify correct system operation.
• May instruct users in use of equipment, software and manuals.
• Recommends and follows-up on remedial actions to correct problems.
• Resolve issues depending on the severity of the problem and/or refer major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
• Coordinates activities with help desk, network services or other information systems groups.
• Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
• Develops deployment procedures and schedules for EBS products.
• Works on escalated field problems before involving Development.
• Supports Account Managers, Field Service and EBS Global Support with technical assistance for customers.
• Works with Field Service vendors on major or complex MAC activities such as trading floor moves, integration etc.
• Provides 2nd level support for Field Service Engineers, and Customer Support. Provides DFC support to customers and other technical specialists.
• Provides level 2 application support.
• Takes on additional duties and learns other skills as needed.
• Attends conferences, seminars and ongoing technological training as requested.
• Travels occasionally to make onsite customer visits and vendor meetings.
• Adheres to all policies and practices as noted in the CME Staff Handbook and Code of
• Conduct or other formal, informal, written and/or verbal policy/practices statements made on our behalf of CME management.
• Performs any and all other duties as assigned by management.
• To fulfil additional / ad hoc duties as required in order to meet the needs of the business.
• Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
• Knowledge of hardware such as IBM x Series Servers, Routers, PC's, Printers etc.
• Knowledge of networks such as TCP/IP, Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN).
• Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 2008 operating systems and Windows applications.
• Firm understanding of EBS architecture and systems.
• Ability to plan, monitor and meet requirements of work and work schedules
• Customer focus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to analyse, troubleshoot and develop action plans related to resolving system problems.
• Sound decision-making skills.
• Willingness and ability to take initiative.
• Willingness to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work and resolve multiple problems/issues at the same time.
• Openness to stay current and learn new technologies.
• Ability to remain calm and work in a high-pressure environment.
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science or other related fields.
• Three to five years experience in the computer services industry with knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Unix, Windows, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Cisco, Trading room technologies.
• Experience working in a financial or trading environment a plus.